House always at 70F

Old 04-01-05, 12:37 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
House always at 70F

Hello guys, my sister just bought a house. It has a hot water/register heater setup. I know basically nothing about this style of heater for homes. Appearently she had an inspector look the house over before buying it. The pipes are in good shape, no apparently leaks of any kind. The problem she is having is with the house always maintaining a 70F temperature no matter what she does with the thermostat. The heater/boiler was installed in the early 90s and the house is from the 20s. Why can't she get the house temp down below 70? Any suggestions or thoughts off top of your head? I know I didn't post much specific, but if you ask I should be able to get you an answer. Thanks guys!

Old 04-01-05, 04:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts

My first inclination would be a stuck flow check or zone valve. Can she get the temp in the house above 70 if she wants?

Old 04-01-05, 05:31 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

How or when does the burner run or turn on?? whats the temp on the boiler. Does the boiler make the hot water for the home also? You have so many IFS IFS here. Post back in this same post with anymore info you can give us

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: