Problem with one zone not getting heat

Old 04-16-05, 12:08 PM
jallen503
Visiting Guest
Problem with one zone not getting heat

I have a forced hot water system, and about 6 months ago we lost heat in the zone for upstairs. We had someone come in and they had mentioned that the zone was airbound. Not really sure what this means. This happened again, and I was looking to find out if this is something I can fix myself. I tried opening the manual lever to see if this would help, but no heat is coming out. Please help!

Old 04-16-05, 01:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

I tried opening the manual lever to see if this would help, but no heat is coming out. Please help!
I dont know what you mean there. Now if this home is two story the psi on the boiler should be about 18 LB. You should have a bleeder valve there on it to let air out till you get water there.
lost heat in the zone for upstairs.
Is the pump for this zone running?????

ED

Old 04-16-05, 02:03 PM
jallen503
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc
I dont know what you mean there. Now if this home is two story the psi on the boiler should be about 18 LB. You should have a bleeder valve there on it to let air out till you get water there.
Is the pump for this zone running?????

ED
The lever that is on the zone for where the thermostat is wired to, is what I moved to see if it would kick the heat into gear, but that did not work. I believe the psi was at 6. I do not know what the pump is, or where it is located to know if it is working.

Old 04-16-05, 03:16 PM
Wink

Do you have any bleeder on any of the baseboard there. Even for one floor you need about 12 psi on the boiler. Is the auto fill working?? Is water to it turned on??? the pump for the zone will be in the pipes

Need more info on just what you have there.

ED

Old 04-16-05, 05:22 PM
jallen503
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc
Do you have any bleeder on any of the baseboard there. Even for one floor you need about 12 psi on the boiler. Is the auto fill working?? Is water to it turned on??? the pump for the zone will be in the pipes

Need more info on just what you have there.

ED
There is a bleeder on the baseboard upstairs, and I opened it. A little air came out, but no water. The boiler sounds like it has water filling, so I believe it is working. The water is turned on. I don't know what else to look for. Sorry I can't give you more info.

Old 04-17-05, 09:25 AM
Wink

The boiler has to fill till you get water out of that upstairs bleeder. For two storys you need about 18psi on the boiler.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: