Burnham IN5?

Old 04-23-05, 02:06 PM
mikk1
Visiting Guest
Burnham IN5?

I'm planning on installing this boiler soon or i was also leaning toward the weil-mclain EG 45 or 50 model. does anyone have these boiler's and if a hartford loop or equalizer piping is necessary? my current boiler is an oil fired dunkirk 25-30 years old and doesnt have any special piping more or less straight piping and works fine. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-05, 08:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 11 Votes on 10 Posts
Hartford Loop

A Hartford loop is a MUST on any steam boiler. I'm not familiar with either boiler but in general, I'd take a Burnham over a W/M any day of the week.

Old 04-24-05, 02:12 PM
mikk1
Visiting Guest
I guess i'll have to see how i can construct one(hartford loop). are they difficult to make.? would an equalizer also have to be in the piping in addtion to the h-loop?

Old 04-24-05, 02:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 11 Votes on 10 Posts
Installation Manual

I suggest you download & print the installation manual for the boiler you intend to buy. Most companies have them available on their web sites. Some boilers are more critical than others on piping but if you follow the manufacturers instructions you can't go wrong.

Old 04-24-05, 02:52 PM
mikk1
Visiting Guest
Yes, i have already downloaded manual and reviewd most of it. only problem might be with the hartford loop. should be able to figure it out hopefully before next heating season.