can i bleed a grundfos super selectric

Old 04-30-05, 11:51 PM
c.monkey
Visiting Guest
Unhappy can i bleed a grundfos super selectric

Hi, added a new upright radiator to my system yesterday and had to bleed the system down some to do so. Now the pump is struggling ( I can hear it, sounds like it's trying to move air) and the new radiator and the ones above it in the system won't bleed to the point water is appearing. (The other two radiators downstairs are fine. Also the pilot light on the combi-boiler will now not stay lit which i assume is a safety feature as there is no water in the system?
I can not find a bleed nozzle on the pump to let the air out. Do i have to resort to disconnecting the pipe from the tank to allow water to drain through?
Please help.

Old 05-01-05, 02:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
C.Monkey

Turn off power to the system. Make sure pressure on the boiler is around 15 psig. If you have zone valves, open them manually. Bleed air at the radiators. If you can't get water to the radiators you might have to increase the pressure to aprox. 20#. Most if not all air will rise & come out of the radiators.

Old 05-01-05, 02:58 AM
c.monkey
Visiting Guest
Talking it's done!

thanks for the help. pressure was at zero. Have put water back into the system and bled the radiators. Now have a fully working central heating system. yay.

I wish i had time to fish but work gets in the way...

Old 05-01-05, 03:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up Fixed

Glad you got 'er running. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

I work to support my fishing habit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: