Combi Heating Problem???

Old 06-21-05, 12:32 AM
forrest1066
Visiting Guest
Combi Heating Problem???

Dont know if this is a problem or not but i dont know anything about heating. we have a protherm combi boiler system within the house and whenever the hot water is run either upstairs or downstairs and it is stopped the radiator pipe in the back bedroom - which is right above the boiler gets warm for a couple of minutes then it is fine. Is is getting feeback or is there somekind of problem with the boiler and it is feeding it back through. the system is working in its just something i have noticed

Old 06-21-05, 10:18 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This is normal operation and usually happens with most combi boilers.After running hot water for a length of time the boiler becomes hot and needs to get rid of the heat quickley when the demand is turned off . The pump will continue to pump to try get rid of the heat and then the diverter valve will open to dump the heat into the central heating circuit so sometimes you will get the odd rad getting warm .If it gets very warm and other rads get warm to it could be the diverter valve passing i hot water mode and would require an engineer to visit.

Old 06-21-05, 11:56 AM
forrest1066
Visiting Guest
many many thanks for that, i was getting abit worried. wondered why the pipe and a slight bit of the radiator was get warm. I am a pc engineer - stick me in front of a computer in bits im fine. However plumbing havent got a clue cannot even change a tap

CHEERS AGAIN

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: