Mono Steam Heater Names?


Old 07-09-05, 06:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Mono Steam Heater Names?

Hey, I am simply replacing the radiators in an old apartment (North East) and just need to know the names of the parts I need. I know what typically I will need but, Have you ever tried to ask for a part in a hardware store you didnt know the name of?? ... I need some sort of caps for the radiators holes that will not be used... a steam release vent... some kind of sealant rings for the connections. But what are they called? Anyone who can help thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-05, 06:56 PM
Grady's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware, The First State
Posts: 14,015
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Part names

"Radiator steam vent" is the correct name for that part.

Caps for unused radiator holes? If you mean holes in the radiators, they are pipe thread & you can use ordinary pipe plugs.

Sealant rings? Where the pipes connect to the radiators one would use a "radiator supply valve" on the supply side & a "radiator return union" on the return side. A "radiator spud wrench" makes installation or these fittings much easier.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: