Heat out radiator

Old 08-28-05, 02:28 PM
patsfan054
Visiting Guest
Heat out radiator

Hello all hopefully someone can help, Lets start with I have a steam system with a oil tank. My furness is a smith and is about 10 years old. It has a tank less system. I bought my house 1 year ago and have had problems ever since. 1. I had problems with the water getting cold so I had the tank less part replaced 500.00. Then I noticed with the thermostat off I still get heat coming out of the registers. I had the oil company check the problem and they said it was a bad aqua stat and replaced it 200.00 they also set it at 180 this sounds high to me. I am still having the problem with the heat coming from the registers with the thermostat off. I was wondering if anyone could help with this situation. O and the last thing my pipes clank so loud that it wakes the baby up any thoughts on how to stop this. Thanks for any help.

Old 08-29-05, 04:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Steam

The pipes banging is an indication of too much water in the system. Either the boiler is too full or condensate is trapped in the piping somewhere. 180º is not abnormally high, on the high end of normal yes but not way too high.

Old 08-29-05, 02:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
More info

As far as getting heat in the radiators when the thermostat is turned alll the way down, it could be a thermostat malfunction, a short in the thermostat wiring, or a bad pressure control on the boiler.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: