Hot water heater

Old 09-05-05, 07:20 PM
leoc
Visiting Guest
Hot water heater

Hi, my hot water heater is on its way out and i would like to know if i should just replace it, or should i install a coil in my peerless boiler or install those external tanks that runs on another zone (i don't know what they are called)
Which way should i go?

Thanks

Old 09-06-05, 05:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Water heater

The cheapest way out is to simply replace the water heater but the boiler will last longer with an indirect. Be aware the cost of an indirect & the installation will be pretty steep. A domestic coil would be my last choice.

Old 09-06-05, 06:37 PM
leoc
Visiting Guest
Why would my boiler last longer with a indirect hot water heater attached, the boiler came with a cold start aquastat, would it make a difference?

Thanks again

Old 09-07-05, 05:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
leoc

Your boiler with an indirect would run all year thereby reducing significantly the amount of condensation & thus rust in the flueways. Depending on the design of the boiler, it's water capacity, & age, an indirect may or may not be the way to go. In general, yes, but in some applications the boiler takes so long to heat, an indirect is not practical. Please post make, model, & aprox. age if you can.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: