Venturi Heat System Questions?

Old 09-29-05, 06:14 AM
Noel
Visiting Guest
Venturi Heat System Questions?

I have a 1" loop around my home with Venturi T's to draw water into radiators and baseboard through the house.
Here's my question.
I want to replace two radiators in 1 room that are on the south and east walls with 1 baseboard that would make a 90 in the corner. I would remove 1 venturi and 1 regular tee from the old line respectively.
Will the venturi generate enough draw to feed this radiator?
The room is 12x12.

Old 10-03-05, 05:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Slow reply

Sorry, I just saw this question. I think a 24 foot run with a 90 ell would be a bit much for a single venturi tee. If you can, I think 2-12's would work better but you do have to be careful on the placement of the tees. Venturi systems are not my strong suit.

Old 10-04-05, 03:47 AM
Noel
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help.
I think I'm going to ditch all previous plans and add on to my readiant heating system. This room is above my boiler room and I can a a zone to the radiant system. The only problem is I'll have to use ceramic tile in the bedroom. From experience the engineered hardwwod floor does not work well with radiant despite what they claim.

Old 10-04-05, 05:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Noel

Thanks for the heads up about the engineered hardwood. There is very little radiant around here & most of it is in-floor rather than under-floor. But any bits of education I can pick up along the way are a help. I think you will be happier with the radiant anyway. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: