Heating Problem

Old 10-02-05, 01:57 PM
danh
Visiting Guest
Heating Problem

Hi

I have a Potterton Pumna combi boiler and over the last couple of weeks there seems to be a problem with the heating.
Basically, the hot water is working fine - as soon as I turn the hot water taps on, the boiler kickis into action and hot water is produced.

With the heating - if i have the boiler set to "timed" the timer will click on and the light is on but no matter what temperature i turn the dial up to, it will click as if to send the instruction to the boiler to come on but nothing happens. On the other hand, if i have to boiler switched to "constant" as soon as i put it on constant, the boiler fires up and heats the radiators.

I dont know if the problem lies with the thermostat control dial in the living room or with the timer panel which is situated next to the boiler.

A plumber has been out and confirmed that the boiler is OK so i am just not sure what i need to buy to fix this problem. If it is the thermostat or timer, would any make work with a Potterton boiler or do I have to buy a specific make / model.

Thanks

Old 10-08-05, 05:05 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Common problem on pumas was a sticking wax capsule. When it is cooled by running your tap it moves the diverter so the heat is pumped around the boiler. When the tap is turned off and the heating turned on it will warm up and move the diverter and allow the heat to pass to the rads.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: