hooking up second floor

Old 10-03-05, 02:40 PM
jaysbeaker
Visiting Guest
hooking up second floor

Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased a new home with a partially finished second floor (all mechanicals were run and the walls are closed). It is a 40x30 saltbox colonial which has 3 beds upstairs and 2 full baths. The master bedroom is 14x19 and only has 2 pipes stuck out of the wall (one on each end or corner on the outside walls, of which one is in the walk-in closet) for what I assume to be baseboard heat. There aren't any pipes for the master bath, and there is two bedrooms that only have 1 pipe each in the rooms.

I had a pro come by and give me an estimate (never got it from them) he was scratching his head on the layout of the pipes for the system upstairs.

Two questions:

Do you think that they original layout was for one continuous loop?

If we wanted to add some tubing/piping is this something that flexible tubing could be used for as to not have to rip out a whole section of drywall/plaster to retrofit new pipes for the heat.

Thanks

Jay C.

Old 10-03-05, 05:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Second Floor

Without being there & being able to see it, the best I can do is guess, so here goes. I figure the master BR is to be on a loop of its own & the rest of the upstairs is on another loop. Are the pipes for the second floor hooked up to the boiler or stubbed down into the basement/mechanical room? If they are stubbed down but not hooked up, you could connect a fitting to the pipes upstairs & hook up a small air compressor to them. Then go downstairs & see where the air comes out. Some pics might help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: