Feed valve help

Old 10-10-05, 05:46 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Feed valve help

The valves in this picture are for the feed to my boiler. The one on the left and the one in the middle are both broken. I am going to replace all three, but I don't know exactly what I should buy. Can someone help explain what would be the exact equipment?

Thanks - here is the link to the pic - if you click ont the pic you get an extreme close up of the two regulators. Thanks Again.

http://www.geocities.com/epasenello/index.html

Old 10-13-05, 07:38 PM
I have little experience in this field but since you mention boiler I assume that this forum may better help you with your situation.

Old 10-13-05, 09:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Valves

The one with the green tag is a simple shut off valve. I suggest using a 1/2" sweat ball valve. The two red ones are a combination reducing & relief valve. The manufacturer is Bell & Gossett & their part number would be F3 (Brass) or F8 (iron).

Old 10-27-05, 03:05 PM
J
whoa... good call. I had to play super sleuth to figure all that out. in the end I replaced the whole setup and it really works quite well. though I have another problem, one of the valves to the manifold feeding my in floor radiant heat seems to have gotten stuck closed and is not letting hot water get up to the bathroom. Do you know if I can open up the valve and replace the seat with water in the line?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: