Boiler Temperature & Pressure Gauge Low

Old 10-10-05, 06:12 PM
asweeley
Visiting Guest
Boiler Temperature & Pressure Gauge Low

What is the cause for the pressure/temp. gauge located on the furnace to read low. Is it simply because the furnace may be old and not efficient anymore or is there a simple solution to adjusting the temperature. My Pressure is around 20 PSI (which is normal correct???) but my temperature reading is 100F and I thought they should read anywhere from 170 - 190. I'm not getting enough heat for my buck. Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem? If there is a solution please let me know.

Thanks,
Andre

Old 10-10-05, 06:36 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Many different faults could be at play but your first step is to verify the information the gauge is giving you is correct. Temperatures can be verified with a thermometer and pressure can be verified with a hand gauge. This will give us a confirmed place to start.

Old 12-22-05, 08:47 AM
ap17
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by asweeley
What is the cause for the pressure/temp. gauge located on the furnace to read low. Is it simply because the furnace may be old and not efficient anymore or is there a simple solution to adjusting the temperature. My Pressure is around 20 PSI (which is normal correct???) but my temperature reading is 100F and I thought they should read anywhere from 170 - 190. I'm not getting enough heat for my buck. Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem? If there is a solution please let me know.

Thanks,
Andre
I'm using HW heat and normal pressure is 12 psi. 20 is slightly high but works.

I had the HL temp on mine set to 180 and the pounding coming from the boiler during heatup annoyed me for 3 years. It wasn't until last week I lowered the temp setting to 145 that the noise went away.

The heat in the house is just fine at this setting and NO noise. Most likely will cost less too.

What is your temp set at? What kind of boiler?

ap

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: