gas hot water steel raditor system-cold radiator

Old 10-11-05, 12:37 PM
rjmurphy1
Visiting Guest
gas hot water steel raditor system-cold radiator

large old brick victorian, new(er) hw gas boiler. boiler in basement, cold radiator (on what I think is the end of the run) on the 3rd flr. radiator in the next room seems to heat fine. Radiator is under the window (why are all he radiators under windows?) I recently added storms to this room. Bled all the radiators last year - to include this one. Most radiators showed improved performance, this one still cold. Additionally, the t-stat is on the 2nd flr, first flr is hotter (closer to boiler, right!) so, can I close the valves down on the ist flr rads to cool them off? I've read yes, and no! thanks,

Rick

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-05, 07:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Some good questions

Try increasing the boiler pressure by a few pounds but don't go over 25#. Sometimes this helps to get heat to a stubborn rad.

Rads are under windows because that is where most of the cold comes into a building. The idea is to "intercept" the cold before it can spread to the rest of the room.

All I can tell you about closing down valves is to try it. Without knowing the piping configuration, I can't tell you what effect it will have.