Worcester 24i RSF heating problems

Old 10-13-05, 01:31 AM
dr3amz
Visiting Guest
Worcester 24i RSF heating problems

Hi,

Have a Worecester 24i RSF combi boiler and the heating works intermittently.

Right now, it's `on` but doing nothing, it's usually on timer, but only seems to work when `it feels like it`.

I've just bled all the radiators, and there was no air at all, i've also checked balance (as much as you can without hot water in the radiators - but gone from fully open on the furthest radiator to a couple of turns on the nearest (to boiler that is).

Anyway, I know that isn't the problem - but the problem is the heating system just doesn't start when it should (on timer or on demand).

Hot water works perfectly, you hear the boiler kick in, and out comes the hot water.

Switch to heating, and it doesn't seem to fire the boiler.

Could this be something to do with the ignition part of the heating system?

I don't know

I also can't get the pressure down from 3 - previously this was an issue with pressure dropping all the time, now its just over 3.

I've tried lowering it with the pressure release valve, but it just slowly rises back to 3 again

(ok spotted that problem with a dodgy isolater to the side of the main inlet pipe, was letting water through which was raising pressure - fixed now).

So i've got the bar back down to 1.5 (where i think i remember it being?) but im still not getting anything from the heating system (central heating)

Help appreciated,

Paul

Old 10-14-05, 12:55 PM
gasmandan
Visiting Guest
Hi Paul,

First thing you need to look at with this sort of problem is external controls. Do you have a timer or roomstat? if so get them checked to see if you have power from them back to the boiler.

I cant remember if the pump runs for hot water or not on this boiler. Have a listen when running dhw. If it doesnt your pump could be stuck or faulty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: