Could my whole tank have gone bad??

Old 10-14-05, 06:57 AM
tevroc78
Visiting Guest
Could my whole tank have gone bad??

Hi,

Let me start off bu saying thanks to anyone who responds and to remember that I am a doityourselfer and this morning is my 1'st experience with this appliance.

My setup is a 6 zone (using taco zone valves) weil mclean boiler (oil)
with the circulator pump on the return side.
I have an Amtrol WH-7P indirect hot water heater which up until this morning was functioning fine. This morning we had no hot water at all.
First thing I did was to turn up the heat on one of the heating zones to make sure that the main circulator pump was good and it was. I then checked out the system and found that the hot water tank is calling for hot water as the taco zone valve is open, when I pull the wire from pin #1 on the taco valve it closes fine as well so I think my thermostat is ok. I can feel that the input from the boiler is very hot but the boiler return as well as the feed to the house are both cold. I opened the pressure valve at the feed to the house and water came out fine (cold though). Closed the zone valve and "bled" the loop from at the return side of the loop. After a couple of minutes hot water came out. I am confused at this point as I cannot find a manual on Amtrols site for my model and that is about all I can think of to do by just "looking at it" any help or advice would truly be appreciated.

Old 10-14-05, 03:46 PM
tevroc78
Visiting Guest
I got it. Turned out that the circulator was intermitantly working, I replaced it and everything is fine.

Old 10-14-05, 03:51 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I had moved your post to get you a better answer. Glad you got the problem solved.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: