Added Basebaord But No Heat

Old 10-23-05, 12:31 PM
BUCKMASTER3405
Visiting Guest
Added Basebaord But No Heat

Ive Added A 4 Ft Section Of Hot Water Baseboard In A Bathroom And Connected It Throught Closets Into Bedroom Radiator About 12ft Of Pipe In Between..the Baseboard Stis Lower Than The Existing Radiator..so I Did Not Put Any Bleeders On The Baseboard ...could That Be My Problem ? Every Radiator In The House Has Heat Except For The New Baseboard

Old 10-23-05, 05:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
No heat in new bsbd

I can't help but think you have air trapped but why everything else has heat is baffling. You don't by some chance have a mono-flo tee system do you?
Such a system is identified my the main line continuing in a complete loop & each rad is connected to the main via two tees without actually breaking the main.

Old 10-27-05, 06:57 AM
phatmax
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Grady
I can't help but think you have air trapped but why everything else has heat is baffling. You don't by some chance have a mono-flo tee system do you?
Such a system is identified my the main line continuing in a complete loop & each rad is connected to the main via two tees without actually breaking the main.
Hey Grady, i have such system with radiators and one baseboard. all the rad's get hot but baseboard doesnt. it only gets warm. I have mail line continuing in loop and 2 tees for each radiator. How can i get the baseboard working?

Old 10-27-05, 06:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Mono-flow tee system

You have to bleed the baseboard. If you did not install any bleeders, you are in trouble. I know a way around it but it is risky.

Old 10-28-05, 08:09 AM
phatmax
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Grady
You have to bleed the baseboard. If you did not install any bleeders, you are in trouble. I know a way around it but it is risky.

I have bleeder but its towards supply line and i belive air is stuck after the bleeder valve since water comes out in steady stream if i bleed baseboard. I Do have a hose bib by the boiler, should i turn off supplies to all radiators and then try to bleed the water out isolating that baseboard?

Old 10-28-05, 05:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Trapped air

If you can shut off the supply side of the boiler, you can bleed "backward". In other words, by shutting off the supply, you force the water (and hopefully air) to go in the opposite direction it normally does. Trying to purge at the hose bib will not work with a mono-flo tee system. Was this new baseboard a replacement for something else or totally new? If totally new, did you install just regular tees or did you use a mono-flo tee?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: