Excessive heat in room with Boiler ?!!? is this normal ?!

Old 10-28-05, 10:15 AM
minime
Visiting Guest
Excessive heat in room with Boiler ?!!? is this normal ?!

Hi all,

i was wondering if im losing effeciency, because my boiler room is very hot... i thought maybe because boilers use an open flame this would cause it... however, i do know i have hard water in my area, and was thinking maybe there is alot of scaling in the boiler, hence not transferring heat to the tank , but to the surrounding air? any thoughts..

i could just open the boiler up and look, but i have never done it before... anyone know of good flushing agents, and how to's ??

thanks for any help you can provide..(this site has helped me to diagnose and replace my expansion tanks... thanks guys)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-05, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've got a hot water boiler system with hard well water, and had that exact same problem. I found that the system was only partially filled with water.

Replacing the boiler water pressure fill valve and clearing (with a screwdriver) the buildup of lime in the water inlet connection to the valve did the trick. The system filled up with water and I was able to purge the air out of the system from the baseboards........ Now the whole house heats up nicely.

Old 10-28-05, 07:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Hot boiler room

This is completely normal. You can go into any boiler room around & it will be hot. If the boiler pulls its combustion air from this room, it should be ventilated.