Excess Pressure on Combi-boiler

Old 11-02-05, 09:33 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Excess Pressure on Combi-boiler

Our combi-boiler has excess pressure which I don't seem to be able to fix. I've tried dumping some of the water out of the system to reduce the pressure but the pressure immediately tops itself up again and dumps water again each time the boiler fires up.

Any idea's for a fix, or should I get a plumber to take a look?

Old 11-03-05, 11:05 AM
A
if the boiler keeps repressurising it self even though the heating is off it is either the filling loop passing or one of the heat exchangers in the boiler is passing cold water into the heating system.( If u could tell me the make and model of boiler i may be able to tell you more) If the pressure is just going up when the heating is on, it is to do with the expansion vessel. It has probably lost its air charge or the pipe leading to it is blocked.Sometimes the vessels can split so they cant hold the air charge but i dont think it will be this. If you give more info i may be able to help further.

Old 11-10-05, 01:09 PM
CHRIS's
Visiting Guest
worcester 28i boiler

I have the above boiler and the same is happening to it and also it is leaking drips of water out of the pressure relief pipe outside. I only had the pressure vavle replaced last week. What else could be done to solve this problem ? or do I need to call a plumber ?

Last edited by CHRIS's; 11-10-05 at 01:10 PM. Reason: more info in text
Old 11-10-05, 01:49 PM
A
You will have a filling loop which fills the system with water i think this may be passing i would disconnect the silver flexable hose to see if this is the case.If the filling loop is turned off there should not be any water coming from the filling tap.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: