Honeywell R8285A CONTROL CENTER help

Old 11-08-05, 09:00 AM
HDfaster
Visiting Guest
Honeywell R8285A CONTROL CENTER help

I installed an outdoor wood boiler that hooked up to my existing forced air furnace.I now need to install another thermastat with a honeywell R8285A control center. I have a 2 wire heat only thermastat. of the w, g, y, r, or c goes to the thermastat? And then which wires go to the furnace to control the blower motor? Thanks

I am hooking up to a bryant propane furnace.

Old 11-08-05, 05:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
When there is a circuit from R to G, the blower will run.

Ken

Old 11-08-05, 05:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Fan center

Ken is right on the R-G connection. Do you intend to use only the outdoor boiler as a source of heat? If you are going to use the existing furnace as second stage heat, you would need to change the thermostat to one designed for such an application.
Presuming there is a hot water coil installed in the supply plenum of the furnace: Is there going to be constant circulation thru this coil or do you have a zone valve which opens allowing water thru the coil on a call for heat?

Old 11-10-05, 06:16 AM
HDfaster
Visiting Guest
The existing funace will remain for back up operation. There is a heating coil installed in the plenum and the water constantly circulates through the system.

It also runs to my shop, but I am using a heat exchanger with it's own fan so the thermastat does not use a controler

Old 11-10-05, 04:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Constant circulation

The problem with constant circulation is there will be some natural convection & may require some creative wiring to control the fan. I would much rather see a diverting zone valve or circulation on call for heat. You are almost certainly going to need a two stage thermostat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: