combi boiler low pressure.

Old 11-09-05, 12:23 PM
hayhaylauren
Visiting Guest
combi boiler low pressure.

i recently moved house in which there is a baxi combi boiler intsalled, a few years old i think it is.there was no user/maintaince manual with it and i have never had a combi before so i am getting concerned with the system pressure meter dropping to zero after a few days.the normal operating guide says it should be between 1 and 2.5 and i should call an engineer if it drops below 0.5 or above 2.5.a mate showed me how to open a valve to make the pressure go back up in which i do and stop it at 2.0 but after a few days it goes back to zero and i have to do it all again.i am reluctant to call out an engineer if it is a simple problem but i am concerned that if i keep manually relasing the valve to gain pressure ,i will be doing the boiler more harm than good.the questions i want to know is 1) why is the pressure dropping after only a few days, 2) is keep releasing the valve to gain pressure doing the boiler damage .can anybody help before i phone the experts in?

Old 11-10-05, 01:45 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try topping the pressure to about 1 bar and see how it goes.(top the pressure when the boiler is cold) Also i would check rads and rad valves for small leaks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: