No heat in upstairs baseboards

Old 11-10-05, 07:11 AM
marshallzulu
Visiting Guest
No heat in upstairs baseboards

I installed a new Peerless boiler with the same capacity as the previous hot water boiler. I have a split house with a single zone system. The lower part of the house has plenty of heat, but the bedroom baseboards are cold.
I installed a bleeding valve in one of the bedroom baseboards, bled the air out of it, the pipe began to get hot. Once I shut the bleeder valve off and waited a while, the pipe begins to get cold. Checked the water temperature at the boiler and its 175 degrees F. No other valves were touch during installation. I replaced the circulator with a BG series 100 and still no heat in the bedroom baseboards. None of the baseboards, except for the one I installed have bleeder valves. Is there a possibility that air is still trapped in the pipes? Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-10-05, 02:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
No heat upstairs

There is a strong possibility there is still air trapped. What is the pressure on the boiler?

Old 11-10-05, 03:40 PM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem with my upstairs base board heating, which has it's own zone.
You have air in the pipes.
I go to the broiler and on my set-up I have a drain value just before the return pipe goes back into the broiler. But in between the drain value the broiler there is a shut-off value.
I hook a hose up to the drain value and run the hose to the sink, then I turn the shut off value off so it's closed , then I turn the heat on so the pump forces water through the pipes. As soon as a full stream of water comes out of your hose that will mean all the air is out of your lines.

Close the drian value, take the hose off and open the shut off value. You should be good togo. But remember you may have to do this each year.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: