more efficient?

Old 11-11-05, 11:26 PM
skipdow
Visiting Guest
more efficient?

I have a vaillant condensing boiler that supplies my heat and domestic hot water(as a zone with an exchanger).Its in a 3800 sq ft two story house, upstairs is in floor heat (in 1 1/2 " concrete) downstairs is underfloor below the floor joists with reflective foil below it and insulation.what should the mixing valve be set at as it supplies both floors and what can I do to improve its efficiency. I heard you can install an outside temperature sensor that will adjust the boiler when heat is'nt needed... any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 11-13-05, 06:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Outdoor reset

There are a number of manufacturers of this type of control with the best known being Tekmar. With this kind of control, you need to maintain constant circulation. There may be one specific for your boiler.

Old 11-13-05, 09:17 AM
skipdow
Visiting Guest
constant circulation?

constant circulation through all zones?I have 7 zones...or do you mean through my board with the controls? and what should my mixing valve be set to for temp since it feeds both infloor and underfloor?

Old 11-13-05, 04:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Constant circulation

Yes, constant circulation thru all zones. I don't know a lot about radiant heat other than it is the most comfotable you can have but as I recall from a class a few years ago, the in-floor should not be over 110-120 & the under-floor can run higher.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: