I have no heat, I don't know what to do. HELP :(

Old 11-19-05, 06:31 PM
Ecin
Visiting Guest
Unhappy I have no heat, I don't know what to do. HELP :(

This week the oil ran out and when I found out, I turned the boiler off. This afternoon they filled the tank, but the boiler fails to turn on. I took off the oil cup and put a filter i had lieing around. The old one was all black and full of gunk. I put the cup back in, reopen the fuel line. Later I turned the boiler on and the black honewell box made a noise then stopped after 15 seconds. I held the red button on the honeywell box for 15 seconds let go, a few seconds after the noise came on then stopped again. I don't know what to do. I spent all the money I had on oil and I have nothing left, and won't have for a long time. This problem happened before but I don't know what they did. I'm not sure what they said to my father last time but i think they bled or drained something. I don't know, I really don't want to freeze. I need to finish packing my stuff and cleaning with my mom, so we can move to Miami where the rest of my family is at. I'm currently in nyc right now.

Old 11-19-05, 08:53 PM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
First off. STOP PUSHING THE RED BUTTON. how many times did you push it? you could be pumping oil into the chamber. You do need to bleed the system. If you look at the pump there will be a nut with a nipple on it. if you have a small hose that will fit over the nipple this will help. point the hose into a can. if not try to catch the oil in a pan of some sort. start the burner by pushing the button. open the nut, oil will start to flow out. when you see a good stream of oil with no air close the nut. you should see no air in the stream before you close the nut. when you close the nut the flame will start. there is a way to keep the burner running longer than 15 seconds if needed to blead the oil, I'd rather not tell you how. try to blead it in the time you get. Let us know how you make out.
Mike

Old 11-20-05, 12:27 PM
Ecin
Visiting Guest
Talking

Thank you very much. Problem solved. You're the best!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: