Taco Zone Valves

Old 11-30-05, 08:10 PM
drmaul
Visiting Guest
Taco Zone Valves

How do I go about replacing a Taco Zone Valve, 571-2? I know that it is not working and I have checked the manufacturers site, Taco, for extra help. However, I do not see a pdf, or instructions, on how to replace the valve itself. If anyone can guide me to a guide to do it, or just explain how to do it, it would be very well appreciated.

Note: I did not see the search button in this forum, you guys should add it or something. Would help both the mods and the users.

Old 11-30-05, 08:32 PM
RSimplicio
Visiting Guest
Look at the very top of this page

You'll see (at least I do) the search box. It defaults to searching the Community Forums, which would be what you want. You can also change it to search the various other features of the site, including the entire site.

Hope that helps!

Also, I believe with the Taco valves, you can replace the motor instead of the whole valve. It's called a power head, and if that is your problem, here are the instructions: http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/Fil...ry/102-076.pdf

If you're just talking about replacing the whole thing, my guess, without any pictures, and me not being a qualified service person, would be to cut out the copper it is on, on either side of the valve, after ensuring you have either cut off the lines to the valve using cut-off valves on both sides of zone valve, or turned off the system and drained it if you do not have these on both sides. If it is by chance threaded, you could screw it off, but I don't remember seeing any NPT threaded Taco zone valves, though that doesn't rule out copper going to a threaded adapter.

Old 11-30-05, 08:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
drmaul

When get the new powerhead for the zone valve or the whole valve, instructions will be included.
There are actually several search buttons. One is in the top right corner, another is in the blue banner just above the yellow banner.

Old 12-01-05, 03:00 PM
drmaul
Visiting Guest
Okay, thanks for all the information. I will repost here when I get the item, the zone valve. I hope it has instructions included. I will let you know if it has been accomplished(that is, I was successful at replacing the zone valve). Again, thanks for all your support.

Also, it seems that I can't see correctly. I see the search button now, thanks again.

Old 12-01-05, 04:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
drmaul

Don't feel bad about missing the search button. It took someone to point it out to me before I saw it. Most of the time it is just the powerhead which needs to be replaced. I suggest you purchace both the whole valve & just the powerhead & return the one you don't need or if the entire valve needs to be replaced hang on to the powerhead as a spare. You will need it sooner or later.

Old 12-21-05, 03:15 PM
tiredtrackman
Visiting Guest
Powerhead Rusted

I just moved into this house, and didnt notice that the last owner had jumped out the zone valve (taco 571) for the upstairs and hooked up everything to the downstairs zone. The powerhead was rusted to the body...it took some twisting, but I got it off. Question...How do I tell if the valve is bad?? should I just replace it and be done???? thanks Tom

Old 12-21-05, 03:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Zone valve

I don't understand how or why it was jumped out but since it was, I would have to presume it is bad, especially with the rust. I suggest you replace it, valve body & all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: