combi boiler - radiator problems

Old 12-04-05, 08:02 AM
wando
Visiting Guest
Question combi boiler - radiator problems

we have recently replaced an old boiler with a new combi boiler. when we moved into this house (about 6 months ago) the old boiler was switched on and the heating would work, and heat up all the radiators in the house, upstairs and downstairs. recently, the old boiler just started heating the radiators upstairs, and not the downstairs ones, so we replaced the boiler with a new Ravenheat combination boiler. it was installed yesterday and like with the old boiler, just the radiators upstairs are heating up. the boiler is gas and we have moved the position of it from downstairs to upstairs.

we had one plumber round saying maybe there was sludge or something in the downstairs radiators but when the system was drained, it was assumed that (if sludge was present) it had been removed.

it is a really old system that was in before wih some lead, and copper pipes. the radiator in the bathroom is a single pipe system but in my bedroom it is a flow and return system.

Q: on the new boiler, if the flow and return pipes have been mixed up, would this cause the problems we have had, or if not could someone please advise me on what to do as this is the only means of heating the house.

Many thanks for reading and helping,

chris

Old 12-04-05, 08:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
New boiler problems

If the new boiler is doing the same as the old one, it sounds like there is a problem with other than the boiler. If the new one was professionally installed, call the installer back & have him straighen out the problem. If you did it your self, I think you should get a pro in to look at the system. To me it sounds like a blockage some where. Maybe a valve closed, a stuck flow check, or ????.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: