Boilers: Good & Bad

Old 12-04-05, 11:25 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Boilers: Good & Bad

I'm really glad I decided to frequent this forum; even in the little time I've been here, it has become quite obvious which boilers have lots of problems and which ones have comparatively few. This has enabled me to make much more informed decisions about the type of equipment I need. Thanks to all, especially the moderators.

Old 12-04-05, 02:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Boilers Good & Bad

Thank you for your kind comments. We do our best but please keep in mind our opinions are exactly that, our opinions. If you have decided on equipment we would like to know your choice.

Old 12-04-05, 02:53 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
opinion & equipment

Hey Grady. Yes, you're right, opinions are exactly that; but I believe one can gain an objective assessment of the situation just by the number of posts citing problems with equipment from certain manufacturers. This is exactly what prompted me to post the original message in this thread: just over the past week or two, I've seen many posts dealing with problems of one particular boiler manuf. So, combine these field reports from members with the on-the-job experience of you guys as moderators, and I believe we have something that rises above just opinion.

Personally, I'm going with Burnham and Beckett on my new installation. Buderus has excellent stuff and a good reputation, but I've been told it's rather pricey and really not worth the extra cost on a house that's about 150 years old. Hope I've made the right decision.

Old 12-04-05, 03:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Burnham

Burnham makes good equipment & just as importantly, stands behind it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: