Baseboard has no heat

Old 12-05-05, 09:12 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Baseboard has no heat

in the master bath there are 2 small baseboard radiators. Neither one has any heat to it unless I have the thermostat up very high (75+). The bathroom is part of an addition that was put on the house in the past. I am a novice at hot water heat and do not know much. It seems to me that the addition was put on the end of the loop, and all the rooms that were added are colder then the old house. The difference is that the master bedroom and kitchen have other old radiators in them as well as the new baseboards.

I know I probably did not give enough info but let me know what to look for to figure this out. The bathroom is really really cold.

I did bleed them all and the pressure seems to be about 10-12 psi.

thanks.

Old 12-05-05, 06:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Baseboard not heating

There can be several causes for this. Look at the piping in the basement to see if there is a large pipe with two small branches going off it to each radiator or if the pipe goes basicly from radiator A to B to C etc. & finally back to the boiler.

Old 12-09-05, 11:24 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looks to be 2 pipes for each. i have the risers all over the house in sets of 2. The addition part of the house they are in the walls and the older part of the house they are in the rooms.

Old 12-09-05, 04:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
2 risers

It sounds like you have a mono-flo tee system. There should be air vents on each radiator or if two are tied together in series, at least one vent. Open the vent & allow it to discharge water into a container for a few seconds or until the container gets full. If you get any air (indicated by a sputtering water stream) repeat the pocess until you get no more air.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: