hot water radiator working half way

Old 12-10-05, 05:40 PM
resalvi
Visiting Guest
hot water radiator working half way

I Live In A 5 Floors Old Building. My Apt Is In The 3rd Floor....my Hot Water Radiator Works Only Half Way, I Spoke To My Super And He Told Me To Get A New Air Valve, That's What I Did, But Still Having The Same Problem. The People From The Last Floor Is Getting Good Heat......do I Need A New Radiator?....help Me Please

Old 12-11-05, 04:45 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I assume it is steam heat but I would like you to confirm that. What is the brand and model of the vent you bought? Usually a hot water radiator wil lonly get hot at the bottom when air is trapped in it. A steam radiator usually gets hot from one side toward the other but not all the way when it has a vent problem. Give us a little more info.

Ken

Old 12-13-05, 11:59 AM
resalvi
Visiting Guest
Steam Radiator Not Getting All The Way Hot

Yea....you Right......it Is A Steam Radiator...the Vent That I Bought Is 40 Steam Vent Radiator 1/8 Con From Hoffman Specialty.
It Is Working Better Now, But Not 100%...any Ideas To Get It Hot All The Way. Thanks.

Old 12-13-05, 06:02 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by resalvi
Yea....you Right......it Is A Steam Radiator...the Vent That I Bought Is 40 Steam Vent Radiator 1/8 Con From Hoffman Specialty.
It Is Working Better Now, But Not 100%...any Ideas To Get It Hot All The Way. Thanks.
buy a vari vent and adjust it

Old 12-14-05, 08:40 AM
resalvi
Visiting Guest
steam radiator not getting all the way hot

I am sorry...what is a vari vent?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: