yellow leads Beckett Burner

Old 12-16-05, 08:12 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
yellow leads Beckett Burner

Wiring a beckett burner to a single zone boiler. This burner was on this system but was moved from one house to another.
4 leads from the burner to the " control box?"
I know where the black & white leads go but not sure on the yellow.
Aren't they for a 2 zone system and if I don't need them don't I just tape them up?

Thanx

Old 12-17-05, 05:57 AM
genesisdj
Visiting Guest
Yellow Wires

Hello. Your Yellow wires need to be hooked up for proper operation. The yellow wires are for your Cad cell inside the burner. It checks to see if a flame is present. They should go to the burner control. Is the burner control module a Beckett as well?

Old 12-18-05, 05:22 PM
R
the burner control is a Honeywell.

Old 12-18-05, 06:29 PM
The yellow leads get connected to the F terminals on the control. They are for the flame sensor. If you don't hook them up, the burner will lock out after 45 seconds every time you try it.

Ken

Old 12-19-05, 06:50 PM
R
The burner control is a Honeywell L8124A Triple Aquastat Relay
I do not see any F terminals in the unit.

I see
L1 L2 ( power)
T T ( Thermostat)
C1 C2 Circulator
B1 B2 Burner ( Black on B1, White on B2)
open terminals are: ZC next to C1
ZR next to B1

Thanx

Old 12-19-05, 07:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
L8124

In addition to the L8124, you need an R8184G or similar control for flame safety. Failure to install a "cad cell relay" is extremely dangerous. The B1 & B2 terminals of the L8124 would connect to black & white respectively on the R8184. The orange on the R8184 will connect to the black burner motor wire & one side of the ignition transformer. The other side of the transformer & the white burner motor wire connect to the white of the R8184 & the wire coming from terminal B2 of the L8124. You will place a jumper wire between terminals T & T on the R8184 & connect the yellow wires to terminals F & F.

Old 12-20-05, 06:20 PM
R
Guess What? I had switched the new CB w/ the old one. The correct one does have the f terminals etc.... I confirmed it w/ the pics I took at the beginning of the project.
This heater( complete) was taken out of one house and put in another.
When I call a srevice tech to check it, what type of test should he /she run.
Is it necessary to have a tech look at it?

Thank you very much for everything. I'm sure I'll be back.

Old 12-20-05, 06:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Service Tech

You may have trouble finding a tech to work on it. Many techs will not work on equipment installed by a homeowner or especially used equipment installed by a homeowner. If you do find someone to work on it, they should check all of the wiring, fuel piping, water piping, & venting before they do any combustion testing. The operational & combustion tests should consist of: Pump running & cut off pressures, check the ignition transformer, check ignition electrode settings, check safety cut out time, aquastat settings & how well the settings compare to actual temperatures. While the burner is running the following tests should be made: Smoke spot number, Draft, CO2, (or O2), CO, & stack temperature.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: