Pulling a radiator (and putting back in)

Old 12-21-05, 11:42 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pulling a radiator (and putting back in)

I have a rotted bathroom floor, on which a radiator sits. I have to pull the radiator to replace the tile and subfloor and sister a joist or two. I've never pulled a radiator and could use some help.

We have a two story row house with 4 radiators downstairs and 4 upstairs. The bathroom is on the second floor in the back of the house. We have hot water radiators that currently work amazingly with not a peep (and I'd really love to keep it that way). Don't know any more than that other than we have some sort of soccerball sized expansion tank on or furnace and a spigot off the side.

Do I have to drain the whole system? Do I do that by turning the spigot? Should I leave the circulator on or off (will it gravity feed?)? How long should it take to drain? How do I fill it back up?

Any help is good help!

Old 12-21-05, 03:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
Removing & re-installing radiator

No offense intended but I honestly think it would be best if you called in a local pro. You could be getting into way more than you bargained for on a project like this.

Old 08-17-06, 08:12 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
None-taken. Just wanted to follow-up, I took your advice and got a professional to pull the radiator and will get one to put it back in. Thanks for shooting me straight!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: