Grundfos vs. Taco circs?

Old 12-23-05, 11:58 AM
RSimplicio
Visiting Guest
Grundfos vs. Taco circs?

I've reading a lot on another site lately, and it looks like a lot of the guys are using Grundfos SuperBrute 3-speed circulators instead of Tacos, because they have a range of performance curves to choose from, so they only need to spec 1 circulator model for all of the circulators on the job. Just wanted to get opinions on these vs. Taco's as soon I'm going to be designing some changes to my system, and would like to go with the best, but also wouldn't mind only having to use 1 model so that I could keep a spare on hand and not have to have more than 1 (converting to "pumping away", from Zone Valves to Zone Circulators, possibly adding a Indirect, and primary/secondary piping)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by majakdragon; 12-23-05 at 08:57 PM. Reason: website removed
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-05, 08:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 8 Posts
Circulator choice

Years ago we had a lot of trouble with the Grunfos circs sticking over the summer but it seems they have that problem licked. I have used a few of the Grundfos lately & like the versitility the 3 speed model gives you. Time will tell on durability.

Old 12-27-05, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Grady has said it all. Ive almost forgotten. Ever since using Taco, problems have almost dissapeared. But, I too have been using these new Grundfos pumps. I think it just took Grundfos about 3 years to figure out how to make a competetive pump. So far they are running great. My oldest is only a little over a year though.