removing air in hot water furnace

Old 12-28-05, 09:13 AM
transhome
Visiting Guest
removing air in hot water furnace

i want to know how to remove air from my hot water furnace,it is a closed system with no bleed screws on the rads.it has a shut off valve below the hose tap.

Old 12-28-05, 10:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air in system

Originally Posted by transhome
i want to know how to remove air from my hot water furnace,it is a closed system with no bleed screws on the rads.it has a shut off valve below the hose tap.
How old is the system? Is it a one pipe or two pipe? "It has a shut off valve below the hose tap" not sure what that means. Most systems without bleeds had purge valves somewhere in the pipe run. I really can't help without more info. Sorry.

Old 12-28-05, 11:17 AM
transhome
Visiting Guest
air in system

the hot water furnace is 25 years old,it is a closed system with no bleeds on the rads,it has a shut-off valve and garden hose connection above the ciculator pump.what is the procedure to remove air from the lines.

Old 12-28-05, 11:52 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bleeding air

Sounds like a one pipe system, if I'm correct connect hose to the boiler drain above the circulator, I hope the valve you are talking about is down stream, shut that valve, do not turn the system on.[i.e. no heat] You should have a automatic feed valve in the system, put it on by-pass and run the water until you don't see any air comming out of the hose. I know this is a pain in the azz, try to think of installing air vents to your system. Lots of luck.

Old 12-28-05, 12:42 PM
transhome
Visiting Guest
air in hot water furnace

it is a 1 pipe closed hot water system,what does the automatic feed valve look like and how do i turn it off or on,what about the zone valves should they be on or off.i take it the circulator pump is off also

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: