I want [Heating System] to be more efficient

Old 01-03-06, 12:37 AM
skipdow
Visiting Guest
I want [Heating System] to be more efficient

tell me if this makes sense or will work......
currently I have an infloor gas fired heating system that also heats an indirect domestic hot water........currently its not as efficient as i'd like. The boiler is a condensing unit so i'm good there but i was considering installing a new mixing valve with an outdoor control AND a beckett heat manager into my system..... any thoughts? criticizems? ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-06, 04:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Increased efficiency

Outdoor resets work quite well with radiant systems. In order to get the most out of the outdoor reset, constant circulation is the way to go. I don't know how well the Beckett Heat Manager would work with outdoor reset. My gut feeling is: Not very well.

Old 01-03-06, 06:42 PM
skipdow
Visiting Guest
the problem i have with constant circulation.(i assume that means through the whole house) is that I have 7 zones plus the domestic hot water..... how do you control temp in each zone?

btw ... does'nt the heat manager just control when the boiler comes on... just making it wait until the heat energy in boiler is used before it turns on depending on heat load?

Old 01-04-06, 05:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Constant circulation

With constant circulation & outdoor reset, in theory, the boiler would only maintain enough heat to keep the thermostats satisfied. The big bugaboo comes with set back thermostats & system design/installation vs. the calculated requirements. The heat manager is supposed to create longer, less frequent burner runs by, as you said, holding off the burner until the usable heat in the boiler is used up.