Popping noise from boiler

Old 01-03-06, 09:07 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Popping noise from boiler

Recently had a repairman replace my pump. Since the repair, I've had popping and snapping noises coming from the boiler. The repairman used my water heater for added pressure when bleeding the system. I'm under the impression that lime has gotten into my system now because of this. Am I assuming correctly? What can I do? Should I call the repairman to fix this problem? Can it be fixed? The hydronic boiler is about 30 years old, closed system.

Old 01-03-06, 09:13 AM
Sounds to me like you have air in the loop. Simply bleeding it out should take care of the issue.

Old 01-03-06, 09:21 AM
T
That's what I originally thought but he bled the system for a long time.

Old 01-03-06, 12:08 PM
G
How long ago he fix it? Perhaps the air will work itself out thru your air scoop if it was just recently. You have adequate heat now?

Why did he use your hot water heater to add water to your boiler? Did he tell you that your pressure reducing valve on your boiler is messed up and thus thats your only option?

Old 01-03-06, 12:38 PM
T
Fixed about 3 weeks ago. If anything, the noise is getting slightly louder.

He used the water heater because the water supply to the system is a little slow, so he wanted to speed up the bleeding process. As far as I know the pressure valve is ok.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: