Air in the system, I think....

Old 01-17-06, 02:54 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Air in the system, I think....

So I have no heat in my house. I have a Burnham boiler. About 2 years old, just bought the house though. Changed the thermostat to a new digital one and didnt get the wires hooked up right/couldnt figure it out so the old one went back on. By then the temp had dropped about 10 degrees, so the boiler kicked right on and started, the Taco circulator pump seemed to be working. Thought I was good to go, but now I have no heat at all. Temp on the boiler is 185, pump is running. I had been told that the circulators are common to go bad, motor runs, but doesnt move water, so I replaced the circulator. still no good. If i close off the valve to the one and only zone, and open the return drain valve, cold water comes out, then if i open the first valve back up, the water pressure picks right back up and water flows even faster out of the drain valve that is open. Make any sense. but no heat still. water doesnt seem to be moving thru the system, Air in it? How do i get it out. And of course I have NO air bleeds if you can believe that. Just my luck... TIA

Old 01-17-06, 07:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Air?

Is the boiler fed at the bottom or top? If fed from the bottom, purge until the water is coming out hot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: