Honeywell V8043E Zone Valve

Old 01-17-06, 04:20 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell V8043E Zone Valve

I recently posted a message stating that I have a 3 zone hot water system, and 1 zone is not working. I've tested the thermostat that was previously installed in that zone in a different zone and it worked fine. I then rewired the connections and adjusted the wire caps leading to the zone valve making sure the wires were not the issue. I then thought that it might be that the valve wasn't opening. While the thermostat is asking for heat, the manual open slide switch was very loose, making me believe that was the issue. But after shutting the system down, the switch was tight as it should be, and I heard the whine of the valve opening. After turning the system back on, the switch again was loose, leading me to believe that the valve was already in the open position. I had purchased (but didn't install) a new motor for the zone valve, thinking that might be the issue. But now, since I think the valve is open, and no water is circulating, I'm not sure what the issue is. The problem zone pipes lead from the boiler underground to the other rooms in the basement. Since in NY we've had a bit of cold weather since Sunday, I could assume that the basement pipe is frozen, but the pressure is not rising while the thermostat is asking for heat. I have a single Taco circulator that is working fine sending heat to the other zones. I don't know what else to check, what is my next step??

Old 01-17-06, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
No heat 1 zone

It sounds like the zone valve is opening. My next step would be to try purging the loop. There's a good chance you have an air blockage. I doubt the pipe is frozen unless you have a history of such problems.

Old 01-17-06, 06:38 PM
R
I have a purge that is coming out of the circulator. Would I purge it from there, or is there a spot on the baseboard that I have to find?

Old 01-17-06, 06:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Purging

There should be a shut off valve between the circulator & the hose connection valve. Turn it off & purge out the hose bib. Make sure only the zone giving you trouble is the only one open.

Old 01-18-06, 06:19 PM
R
Grady,

There is a male plug between the circulator & the hose connection valve which may be the shut off valve. It has a hex head, with a hole in the center, with a small round "button" in the center. It has a screwdriver slit that just keeps turning, and won't tighten, if it is the shut off valve.

Another area of concern... there is one pipe coming out of the circulator, which then splits into three separate lines. I wasn't sure which of the three I needed to try and bleed, so I chose the line that didn't go upstairs. There was some air in the line, and after a minute or so, it was all water. I closed the valve for the hose bib, and was ready to go. It still seems that zone is not circulating, as I'm not getting heat.

Is there any way I can send you a pic or do I have to host it somewhere?

Any other thoughts?

Old 01-19-06, 05:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Pics

The best way is to host them on Photobucket, Yahoo, or some place similar & provide a link here. That way, anyone else reading the thread can see them too & may be able to offer an idea I may miss.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: