flow control valve stuck open?

Old 01-18-06, 05:25 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
flow control valve stuck open?

one of my zones had a leak at one of the solder joints so we drained the line and fixed it. When we refilled the line it took a while to get all the air out. I am not sure if it is all out though. unfortunatley I don't have bleeders at the highest point in the coil. The heat works but it seems that it is gravity feeding. I am wondering if the addition of new water into the system somehow clogged the control valve. Is this possible or can too much air in the system cause the same thing? Oh, I have a hydro-air system using a Weil Mclain direct vent propane boiler with 3 zones. The other zones are fine.

thanks for your help

Old 01-18-06, 03:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Flow control valve

It is possible you got a piece of junk under the seat of the flow control valve when you refilled the system or the valve might just be stuck. The easiest way to free it (usually) is to rap it with a hammer. Sometimes the rapid filling of a system causes them to stick. Try the hammer thing first. If that fails, you can take the valve apart to clean out any junk. Once in a while you end up replacing the valve.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: