Boiler Cycling Frequently

Old 01-21-06, 01:50 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Boiler Cycling Frequently

I have a Peerless Oil Fired boiler that in general works fine. However, I've noticed lately in the evening that I hear if fire up for about 10 second then shut off. Then about 5 minutes later it will do the same. I don't know how long it does this as I usually fall asleep. I do not notice it during the day. If I purposely increase the temperature in a room it will come on and run for quite a while and then shut off once the water is up to temperature. Any idea what might cause the short cycling in the evening?

thanks,
/DJVannoy

Old 01-21-06, 07:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Short cycling

Check the settings on the aquastat control. The high & low should be at least 20 apart.

Old 01-22-06, 06:20 AM
D
Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I have it set at 20 degrees apart and I have the kick on and kick off settings also 20 degrees apart. Do you think the problem is the sensor is bad?

Old 01-22-06, 08:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Short cycling

I'm wondering if there is a call for heat & the temperature is very near the set point when this happens. Sometimes a bad or improperly set heat anticipator in the thermostat will cause such short cycling, particularly with heat motor zone valves such as B&G or Taco.

Old 01-23-06, 05:44 PM
D
Thanks. I'll got that route and see what I can find!
/DJVannoy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: