Any info on a round HB Smith Radiator

Old 02-05-06, 01:42 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any info on a round HB Smith Radiator (pics posted)

I have an old MA home and recently put a new Boiler. When the contractor left he asked if I would want to replace an olf round HB Smith Radiator with a new one. He stated that the old radiatior was not efficient. I am more curious if it just might be worth money and he is looking to get something for nothing. The top plate is cast with HB SMITH WESTFIELD MA with the date July 8, 1878. It has twenty fins and is just over three feet. I told him I was keeping it only because it dated the old home. Any info is appreciated

Last edited by kiver1; 02-07-06 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Posted pic of radiator
Old 02-05-06, 05:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Round Radiator?

I have never seen nor heard of a round radiator. H.B. Smith is still in business & I'd bet they would love to know one of their radiators is still in service. If you would be so kind as to take a picture of it, host the pic on photobucket, yahoo, or other site, & provide us a link to the pic, I would certainly appreciate it. I'm sure there are others who frequent the site who would also like to see it. This thing has to be a collectors item.

Old 02-07-06, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I hope this works. Here are the radiator pictures
http://photobucket.com/albums/f28/ki...rrent=rad3.jpg

Last edited by kiver1; 02-07-06 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-07-06, 04:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Round Radiator

COOL, I don't blame you a bit for hanging on to it. Even if you decide to take it out of service, I would keep it for a conversation piece, if I were you.

Old 02-07-06, 07:10 PM
Who
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Man is that gorgeous! So the contractor said it was inefficient? Pfffffft! I'd hang onto that jewel. Efficiency for rads is a rather moot point because they are all actually 100% efficient when you think about it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: