Heatmaker lockout problem

Old 02-12-06, 05:37 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Heatmaker lockout problem

I have had a problem with my unit that supplies me with my domestic HW and my HW heat for baseboards ever since my expansion tank had to be replaced . It will cycle 2 or 3 times then it goes to lockout , where i have to interupt power to get it fired again . A local heating company has been here for a total of 10 hrs so far , with no change in the lock out problem . they have changed the control box , pressure switch , low limit 3 wire aquastat , and one humming relay . This system is about 10 yrs old and it has worked perfectly for those years . There is a two wire aquastat that i am wondering if i should change but i am stumped . Is there any one out there that has knowledge on these systems ?? Thanks in advance for any replies .

Old 02-20-06, 05:14 PM
You failed to tell us anything about your system. Not even the fuel type. If the problem is still ongoing, fill in the blanks for us and we can try to help. Make and model of boiler. Brand of burner and controls would be helpful too.

Ken

Old 02-20-06, 09:09 PM
A
Heatmaker lockout

sorry about the lack of info . It is a heatmaker model 130HWNAT , natural gas , my control is a honeywell S89IOU , it supplies my domestic hot water and hot water heat for baseboards .I dont know where to look for type of burner . i hope you can help . thanks

Old 02-25-06, 05:45 PM
Sorry but I am not at all familiar with your equipment. I would not blame the aquastat though. It sounds more like an ignition problem. Either it is hot surface or spark. Either way, that is what should be checked next. Sometimes a thing as simple as a ground wire can be the cause for gas control modules to act up. I hope you get it resolved and if you find out exactly what the problem was, please post back and let us know too.

Ken

Old 02-28-06, 07:51 PM
A
Heatmaker lockout

I have just changed the ignitor on this unit but it still locks out after getting up to temp . Is there a way to check safety limit ?? It is set to trip at 215 deg , the temp of the boiler is about 200 deg when the unit shuts down , so i am wondering if the temp guage is wrong and the safety limit trips and then goes in to lockout . thanks so far guys !!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: