Vokera 20-80 RS flowmatic

Old 02-15-06, 09:15 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vokera 20-80 RS flowmatic

Hi,

I have a Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic which up until some point last night worked perfectly. At 6am this morning the CH came on as per usual but the hot water came out icy cold. I checked the boiler and noticed the pilot light was out so I re-ignited it and checked the pressure which was low so i topped that up. No change to my water temp. I switched the whole thing off for a bit then turned it back on in the vain hope that that would help but no joy.

I now have no CH either which is a mystery as it was working fine earlier.

I really need to get this sorted as I need a wash before work tomorrow!

Please if anyone could help id be most grateful, I really don't want to call a plumber if its easily fixed...

Clare

P.S. please be gentle with me when using technical terms

Old 02-15-06, 12:00 PM
Who
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Most of us in this forum are from North America it seems, and we don't tend to know very much about combi boilers (or the Vokčro brand). It could be a few different things happening that aren't completely related. I'm not sure about the pilot going out, but if it's out you will have neither hot water nor heat.

When you had heat but no hot water, it could have been many things. There is a flow sensor that sees how much flow is going through your hot water pipes. If there is enough then on many of these combi boilers it diverts the flow of the heated water to a heat exchanger that heats your water supply as you use it instead of through your heating pipes. That diverter may be gone, the heat exchanger may be plugged, the sensor may have failed. It's very hard to diagnose without actually knowing the particular boiler and being there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: