Three Radiators heat up the forth doesn't

Old 02-17-06, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Three Radiators heat up the forth doesn't

I have hot water heat, with four radiators in a small duplex on the first floor. Their are two seperate systems, one for the first floor, and one for the second floor. Three of the radiators heat up like normal, however today for some reason the fourth radiator does not heat up. I blead all of the radiators and got water from all of them. Does anyone know why my fourth radiator may not be heating up? Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated, I've tried everything I could think of already. Thanks, Aaron

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-06, 07:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Fourth Radiator

From your description, I am presuming the troublesome rad is the one on the second floor. Check the pressure on the boiler. It should be 12-15 psig. Is there a separate thermostat for the second floor & if so, what does it control (zone valve or separate circulator)?

Old 02-19-06, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In an older home that I once lived in I had the same problem. It was caused by an older (no bladder) expansion tank that did not let pressure rise to the second floor. When a new expansion tank was installed and the circ pump was moved from the return to the supply side...wow then the heat went upstairs like magic! Hope this helps.