Fighting A loosing Battle

Old 02-25-06, 10:46 AM
jbrock
Visiting Guest
Fighting A loosing Battle

I really could use some help here. I have a old (about 1950 to 1960) gas fired American Standard boiler witch I think is starting to come to its end. The circ pump is leaking through a oil hole I know I need to fix or replace that, but my problem is all of a sudden(has been fine till a week ago) it is over pressuring and blowing the relief valve. I've tried to bleed the base boards and drained the expansion tank but no luck. Any knid of help would be great! Thanks!

Old 02-25-06, 04:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Over Pressure

When you drained the expansion tank, if you did not drain it completely, you need to. Other causes of over pressurizing are a leaking domestic coil (if your boiler has one) & a pressure reducing valve leaking thru.

Old 02-28-06, 10:08 AM
jbrock
Visiting Guest
Sos Sos

OK I have real problems!!! NO heat on 2nd floor ive bleed and get water cold water broke a bleeder screw water leaking through the ceiling!!!( fixed bleeder screw) still no heat on 2nd floor. Any ideas would be helpful.

Old 02-28-06, 04:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Losing battle

Before any more damage is done, you really should call a local servicer. It could be something simple. Watch, ask questions, & learn. Most service guys/gals don't mind at all. In fact we would much rather teach you than have you really mess something up which makes our job tougher & costs you money.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: