Install recessed radiator

Old 03-01-06, 06:21 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Install recessed radiator

I'm remodeling my 2nd fl. bathroom and would like to replace an old hot water radiator that is not recessed . I would like to install a new recessed radiator. I know how to do the plumbing but lack the procedures to bring the boiler off and on line again .There is another radiator up in the attic .
Thanks in advance
joe

Old 03-25-06, 04:42 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry don't hold your breath

Here's a good one for you. A guy that starts a thread and ends up answering his own question.If I held my breath I'd be blue in the face waiting for a response on this forum.Anyway, now that i'm feeling better. Shut down the boiler and close the water supply feeding the system. Since the rad. is on the secound floor you will only need to drain a small amount of water from the system in my case about 2 gallons of water. Disconnect the rad.do your plumbing work them go to the boiler open the water supply valve and if you have a automatic feeder the system will fill up again. Turn on the boiler let it build up pressure then bleed the house rads is necessary. It worked for me . Thanks home depot. Now thats a do-it-your-selfer and I didn.t have to pay a plumber attorney fees. GIjoe

Old 03-25-06, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

You may not have paid a lawyer or plumber lately because even a bad lawyer typically charges double what a good plumber costs.

We do our best to answer all questions in a timely manner but the experts that help here are only volunteers.
Your question remained unanswered either because of a lack of time or there was not a clear solution to your problem.

Perhaps with your new found knowledge you would try to help others.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: