flanges for radiator pipes

Old 03-12-06, 07:51 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
flanges for radiator pipes

We did some remodelling in our hot-water rad heated home. Most of the rads in the house have decorative flanges where the pipes enter the floor. Unfortunately, they are almost all rusted through and many are missing completely.

We have checked out Home Depot, Rona, even Lee Valley, but nobody has anything but these horrid flimsy chrome flanges.

I suppose that they should be two-piece flanges that snap together so I don't have to remove the radiators to install them.

So my questions are:

1. What do you call these things?
2. Does anyone sell cast metal or even wooden ones?
and 3. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find these?

thanks -Jamie
Old 03-13-06, 06:40 AM
Who's Avatar
Who is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,066
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Try Wolseley's.
Old 03-13-06, 06:55 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,475
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Try typing the word escutcheon into your server searchbar. I am not sure if the fancier ones come in the "split" design to keep from removing the pipe to install them. Worth a search though. Good luck.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: