Best Combustion Analyzer

Old 03-13-06, 08:56 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Best Combustion Analyzer

Looking for a combustion analyzer along the lines of the Bacharach Fyrite Pro 125 or the Testo 325M.

I have a 3 unit apt. house with 2 furnaces & a boiler of varying vintages, all oil-fired; been working on them for over 10 years & do the annual cleanings & most of the repairs as needed.

Having a lot of trouble getting reliable service when needed.

I know these analyzers are expensive & require training to get accurate readings, but it's something that my situation demands.

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Old 03-13-06, 02:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Jack

I use the Fyrite Pro 125. Have had some minor problems with it but that is to be expected with a piece of equipment which rides around in a service truck. Bacharach's service is slow but from what I hear Testo's is way worse. I did find a place in Ohio which will have my instrument back to me in less than a week.

Old 03-13-06, 02:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I also use the Fyrite Pro 125 and except for it not liking the cold weather, it works fine. I had great service from the Bacharach service center in New Jersey. They turned around the unit in 2 days. Grady, you could drive yours there yourself. There really is no reason to go electronic if you only need it a few times a year. I would suggest getting the standby, pump-style CO2 kit. If you set the burner for zero smoke, the rest of the measurements (except draft) are for reference purposes only. I used the pump style unit for over 20 years before going big-time. The main reason was so that I could have my techs print out a record with time and date and non-tampered-with results for every customer. You may not opt for the printer if you stick with the plan for an electronic unit.

Ken

Old 03-13-06, 03:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Fyrite

In a way I agree with KField but on the other hand, I have had what I thought were good readings until I looked at the sky high CO. CO is something you can't do with a wet kit. I still have & use my wet kit to spot check the electronic machine.

The NJ service center is the one I had so much trouble with. I now use Carl's Calibration Service.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: