radiator valve trouble

Old 03-31-06, 07:27 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking radiator valve trouble

Hello people;

i live in a 12plex apartment building that is heated with radiators. i can't turn my heat down, and i'm assuming it's because the valves on my rads are seized because they do not turn. do i need to drain the system to replace the valves? the valves are the plunger style, and i would like to change them to ball valves. the heat was just turned off today, being it's a nice day and that's making it 200 degree's in my apartment. i'm sure i'd be able to get the ok to do the work. now i'm just concerned that the temperature might drop and they'll have to turn the heat back on, and i'm going to be back in the same heat as before...any ideas would be greatly apprieated......(man, do i ever need to visit the learning how to spell forum.....

Old 04-02-06, 07:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Radiator valve

Replacing a radiator valve can be fairly easy or it can be a real bear. If the system is hot water, it would have to be drained. If steam, it would not BUT you would have to be sure the system could not come on while being worked on. Since this is a 12 unit apartment complex, I suggest you get the building maintenance person to handle this project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: