Spacing between radiator and the wall

Old 04-20-06, 06:06 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Spacing between radiator and the wall

I have a small steam radiator in a bathroom I am remodeling. I am replacing the pipe to the radiator. How close can I come to the wall behind the radiator without having problems with the wall? The wall will be covered with ceramic tile.

Thank you for the help.

Last edited by m ben; 04-20-06 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-24-06, 07:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
M Ben

Sorry for the slow response. I somehow missed your question.
I don't do much steam but just a gut feeling tells me to stay at least 2-3 inches off the wall. If there is a good bit of steam in your area, you might want to check with a local plumbing supply house, plumber, or HVAC guy.

Old 04-26-06, 08:16 PM
M
I am worried..

Grady,
It was my plumber who put it 1.5 inches from the wall while repairing the pipe to the radiator, and that concerns me. Before the repair the radiator was 3 inches away from the wall. The pipe runs under the bathroom floor. So, if it turns out the radiator is too close to the wall, I would have to retile the bathroom to fix the problem later.

Old 04-27-06, 02:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
m ben

I wish I could give you a solid answer but, like I said, I don't do much steam. Check with some of the local folks & let me know what they say so if the question comes up again, I'll be better able to help the next guy.

Old 06-17-06, 08:21 PM
S
[QUOTE=m ben]I have a small steam radiator in a bathroom I am remodeling. I am replacing the pipe to the radiator. How close can I come to the wall behind the radiator without having problems with the wall? The wall will be covered with ceramic tile.

I've had a steam radiator almost flush to a ceramic tiled wall for over six years now.... no problem whatsoever.

Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: