Hot water shuts off by itself!

Old 05-02-06, 08:20 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hot water shuts off by itself!

Hello all!

I have a vaillant combi boiler (don't know the model right now, circa 1997 model) .
The radiators get warm no problem but the hot water for the taps has a problem.
The tap has to be fully open to get hot water and if the tap gets closed even a bit the whole thing shuts down and you just get cold water.
It's really annoying specially if having showers as it's either scalding hot water or no hot water at all!

The water pressure is fine and I think there might be a problem with whatever tells the boiler to start heating water. (not even by far even a newbie on these things)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Old 05-02-06, 04:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Combi boilers

I have never even seen a picture of a combi boiler. In fact the only place I've ever heard of such an animal is on this site.
If you have a conventional boiler with a domestic coil, I would say your coil is plugged. Another possibility is a faulty tempering valve.

Old 05-03-06, 05:57 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hmm.. a combi boiler is probably what you say.
Mine is a gas boiler with a closed circuit for the radiators and one other circuit for the tap hot water.

I discovered that if there is no pressure in the radiator circuit (I've refilled and purged the air out) the boiler will not start for tap hot water. So right now it's on the manufacturer's recommended pressure and the problem is still there.

Old 05-03-06, 05:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
No hot water

Does the boiler not stay hot all the time?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: